A really unconventional Cartizze: usually this wine is produced in the Dry version, while Duca di Dolle decided to preserve as best as possible the purity of Glera grape reducing to the minimum the residual sugar, and obtaining a Cartizze Brut which represents the essence of Prosecco
- Grape type: 100% Glera
- Vines age: Over 50-years-old plants
- Vineyard exposure: South
- Vine training system: double canopy
- Harvest time: end of September
- Harvest: Hand picking with immediate transport of grapes to the winery
- Alcohol: 11.5 %
- Residual sugar: 5 grams per litre
- Total acidity: 5.5 grams per litre
- Dry extract: 17.5 grams per litre
Serving: In a large tulip crystal glass with tightening edge at 7 °C.
Serving suggestions: Perfect as an aperitif, its unique personality goes well with raw fish courses, first and second courses with delicate fish and white meats.
How to label the wine in “The Wine List”:
“Duca di Dolle” – Valdobbiadene
Prosecco Superiore di Cartizze D.O.C.G. – Spumante Brut
(Controlled and Guaranteed Denomination of Origin)
Rolle di Cison Valmarino, Valdobbiadene (Treviso) Italy.
Total production: 6000 bottles/year.